In this tutorial, we will be creating a jQuery script that retrieve twitter tweets from user account. It’s quick and easy, come with link, hash tag, alias parser as well as time posted (calculated relatively). Most importantly, everything has a class and will be flexible to style and match your design!
Best jQuery Other API Plugins & Tutorials with Demo
- small size and fast download time
- display up to 100 tweets, as permitted by the twitter search api
- display tweets from a twitter search, or from your own feed
- optionally display tweets from multiple accounts!
- display tweets from a list, or display a user’s favorites
- automatic linking of @replies to users’ twitter page
- uses Twitter’s Search API, so you can display any tweets you like
- Display up to 100 tweets that have been posted within 7 days (limit set by Twitter’s Search API)
- automatic linking of #hashtags, to a twitter search of all your tags
- converts <3 to a css styleable ♥ (we ♥ hearts)
- customize the layout for tweets within the widget
- define a custom sort order for tweets
simplyScroll is a jQuery plugin that can animate (scroll) a set of elements either automatically or manually, horizontally or vertically. It can also accept dynamic image input via a Flickr feed (note not full API integration) or a local JSON source. This plugin can be performance intensive, so speed and framerate are fully configureable to accomodate lower spec systems.
Address Picker is a jQuery plugin with autocomplete and location on map features. It displays map for the selected address, even while you navigate in autocomplete suggestions.Autocomplete filled by Google Map Geocoder suggestions.
Pikachoose is a lightweight jQuery slideshow / image gallery plugin for rotating through a series of images, comes with tons of great features!
jCarousel integrates smoothly with PikaChoose to give your gallery simple and effective carousel. PikaChoose has API hooks for integrating lightboxes and other things.
Knockout a Dynamic jQuery UI a dynamic jQuery UI by applying the Model-View-View Model(MVVM) pattern.Easily associate DOM elements with model data using a concise, readable syntax.When your data model’s state changes, your UI updates automatically.
Interactive maps are neat. It’s not hard to get a basic map embedded on your page, but Google provides a rich and easy to use API for embedding and decorating maps on your web page, so there should be no excuse for boring default maps.
In this article I’ll share a technique I used recently to spice up the “Places to shop and eat” map on Vegan Melbourne, using a combination of the Google Maps API, jQuery animation, and some newer CSS effects.
Hovercard is a free light weight jQuery plugin that enables you to display related information with the hovered label, link, or any html element of your choice. It comes with built in Twitter and Facebook hovercard.
If you have a news website, it might be interesting for you to allow your users to see the latests tweets about a topic. Here is a jQuery plugin for showing the latest tweets about a certain word or phrase.A very interesting plugin that lets you display the latest tweets about a certain topic inside a resizeable tooltip.