Best jQuery Editable Plugins & Tutorials with Demo
This scripts turns table into editable grid, You can add new row, edit existing row, delete row also you can edit a single cell and all this happens with ajax so not even single page refresh required. This is configurable script so you can easily attach it to your existing page.
jQuery GridManager is a way of building rows and grids with built in editable regions.Requires jQuery, jQueryUI, Bootstrap 3.x, & optional TinyMCE or CKEditor.
Now a days, We are always looking for easiest way for people to interact with our Web Applications. I am going to tell you about In-Place Editing or Inline Editing. Popular websites like facebook wants their user to edit their profile information without having to navigate to different form.
HTML5′s new attribute called contenteditable , It takes care of inline editing automatically. We should write little jQuery code to send the data back to the server, so we can save it. Biggest advantage is we don’t need to create and toggle hidden forms.
This tiny (3KB, < 120 lines) jQuery plugin turns any table into an editable spreadsheet. Here are the key features:
- No magic – works on a normal HTML table (so you can plug it in into any web table)
- Supports validation and change events (so you can warn about invalid input or prevent invalid changes)
- Uses standard DOM focus for selection (so does not interrupt scrolling or tabbing outside the table)
- Native copy/paste support
- Does not force any styling (so you can style it any way you want, using normal CSS)
- Works well with Bootstrap
- Depends only on jQuery
Rich_TextArea is a jQuery plugin replacement for the venerable HTML TEXTAREA that adds arbitrary triggered autocompletes along with the insertion of rich “embedded objects” included images, links, or any other markup.
Rich_TextArea is not a WYSIWYG editor. It’s intended to be a replacement for a plain TEXTAREA with some additional features including:
- dropdown autocomplete support based on definable trigger characters such as @mentions, #tags, etc.
- insertion of arbitrary markup to represent “embedded objects”, such as images, links, etc. which are treated as single entities from the point of view of cursor movement and mouse selections.
- regular expression triggered callbacks enabling things like in-line URL rewriting, smiley insertion, etc.
- generation of a plain text representation of the editable area.
It is a plugin for editable Dict and List html, their values can be attached into form as stringified JSON when processing jQuery post.
User friendly table handler
- editable content
- selectable row
- multi select row
- source select (database or file or html)
- filterable content
- download filtered content
- password protected database update with timeout
Bootstrap and X-editable themed jQuery plugin that preforms per-column filtering for an HTML table.
This is a plugin for jQuery for in-place editing of data on the page. The intended way to use it is for the editable fields on the web page to be marked up with HTML data-* attributes. The plugin call can be placed in a page template and when it runs it finds all the fields that have been marked as editable.
- Primarily driven by markup on the page.
- Framework independent.
- Works with IE6-8 and all modern browsers, including mobile.
- Supports text input fields.
- Supports textarea input fields.
- Supports select dropdown fields.
- Data to be edited can be supplied as an attribute of the element, rather than using the existing text within the element.
- Data to be edited can be retrieved from the server just before editing.