In this tutorial we will create a neat and simple notification bar which allows you to integrate the notifications on your website. It can be used to create alert, success, error, warning, confirmation messages as an alternative to the standard alert dialog or to notify the visitors about the latest updates etc.
Once the page is loaded, our notification bar will slide down automatically. When we click the close button in the bar, it should slide up and a button should appear to show the bar again.
The notifications can be displayed on any part of a web page (top, bottom, center, top left or top right) and many options exist for customization (speed of open/close animations, display duration, being closeable or not and more)
- great looks – out of the box
- 5 types of dialog boxes available: confirmation, information, warning, error and question;
- easily customizable appearance by changing the CSS file
- create modal or non-modal dialog boxes
- easily add custom buttons
- position the dialog box wherever you want – not just in the middle of the screen
- use callback functions to handle user’s choice
We are building a cross-browser, custom confirm dialog in the form of an easy to use jQuery plugin. You can choose the text, buttons, and actions that will be executed when they are clicked.