This is a plugin for jQuery for in-place editing of data on the page. The intended way to use it is for the editable fields on the web page to be marked up with HTML data-* attributes. The plugin call can be placed in a page template and when it runs it finds all the fields that have been marked as editable.
- Primarily driven by markup on the page.
- Framework independent.
- Works with IE6-8 and all modern browsers, including mobile.
- Supports text input fields.
- Supports textarea input fields.
- Supports select dropdown fields.
- Data to be edited can be supplied as an attribute of the element, rather than using the existing text within the element.
- Data to be edited can be retrieved from the server just before editing.