In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to create a customizable interface with widgets. The finished product will be a sleek and unobtrusively coded iGoogle-like interface, which has plenty of potential applications!
First, let’s list exactly what we’ll be creating here and what features it’ll have:
- This interface will contain several widgets.
- Each widget can be collapsed, removed and edited.
- The widgets can be sorted into the three seperate columns by the user (using a drag and drop technique).
- The user will be able to edit the color and title of each widget.
- Each widget can contain any amount of regular HTML content, text, images, flash etc.