A creative views switch animation with grid and list viewing modes made with CSS3, jQuery, Masonry and GSAP’s TweenMax.
An animated microsite concept with rotating background made with CSS3, jQuery and GSAP’s TweenMax. A microsite is an individual web page or small cluster of web pages that act as a separate entity for a brand. A microsite typically lives on its own domain, but some exist as a subdomain. Companies have different reasons for investing in microsites. Microsites have the advantage of opening wide out-of-the-box thinking and strategy and can be used to help brands achieve a number of things. For example, some companies have used them to highlight a specific campaign or target specific buyer personas. Others have used them to tell a short story or to inspire a specific call-to-action.
Today we would like to share three animated distortion effects by SVG filters that we apply to an image when hovering a text link. We use feTurbulence and feDisplacementMap to create different kinds of fragment and wave-like distortions. These kind of effects have become quite popular and there are many variations.
- Simple: Low friction API, with robust support for hex, rgb, hsl and hsv color formats.
- Extendable: Tweak the library to your requirements with Plugins and custom UI elements
- Consistent behaviour: Works across all modern browsers and devices, including touchscreens.
- Small footprint: 7kb minified and gzipped, with absolutely no jQuery or extra css/images in sight.
- Great design: The controls are designed to be intuitive and responsive, plus they’re built with SVG so they look super crisp at any resolution.
- Transparency support: Optional transparency slider with the transparency plugin.