A draggable inline menu with a scattered thumbnail preview of an image grid.After our little draggable image strip experiment, we wanted to explore using the dragging functionality on a menu. The idea is to show a large inline menu with some scattered thumbnails. The menu can be dragged and while doing so, the thumbnails get moved with an animation. Each menu item also changes the letters to show an outlined version. When clicking on the “explore” link under a menu item, the thumbnails move and enlarge to form a grid.
Best jQuery Drag & Drop Plugins & Tutorials with Demo
Draggable is a modular drag & drop library, allowing you to start small and build up with the features you need. At its most basic, Draggable gives you drag & drop functionality, fast DOM reordering, accessible markup, and a bundle of events to grab on to.
- Works with native drag, mouse, touch and force touch events
- Can extend dragging behaviour by hooking into draggables event life cycle
- Can extend drag detection by adding sensors to draggable
- The library is targeted ES6 first
Well in this tutorial we will see how to implement a creative component to upload files, using as inspiration the previous animation by Jakub Antalík. The Idea is to bring better visual feedback around what happens with the file after is dropped.
We will be focusing only on implementing the
drop interactions and some animations, without actually implementing all the necessary logic to actually upload the files to the server and use the component in production.
Scrollbooster is a enjoyable content drag-to-scroll micro (~2KB gzipped) library.
HqyInteract is a touch enabled jQuery plugin that lets you create powerful interactions.
PlainDraggable is a simple and high performance library to allow HTML/SVG element to be dragged.
- Accept HTML/SVG element as an element that comes to be draggable.
- Restrict the draggable area.
- Snap the draggable element to other elements, points, lines, consecutive points (i.e. grid) or something.
will-changeCSS if possible, for high performance.
KEditor is a jQuery plugin which provides a content editor with drag and drop snippets.