Best jQuery Image Effects Plugins & Tutorials with Demo
We needed a PHP and jQuery image upload and crop tool and came up with the following.
Before you start, ensure you have the following:
- PHP 4 or Higher (It has been tested on Version 5)
- Safe mode must be off! – A number of users have reported issues when safe mode is on.
- PHP GD Library
- jQuery ver 1.2.3 or Higher
- Image Area Select plugin by Michal Wojciechowski
Tagyourimages is a plugin for jQuery that lets you to make interactive your images.Now you can insert text and links on your images!.Through the tagTool you can tag your images in the simplest way possible.
Enrich your website experience with ThumbFx, a jQuery animation plugin that brings your images and content to life. Create unique animated effects effortlessly without any knowledge of jQuery. All effects are responsive and adapt perfectly for all device resolutions like mobiles, tablets and desktops
- CREATE – Slideshows, lightboxes, overlays, tooltips, tabs, galleries, showcase and many many more..
- RESPONSIVE – All effects are responsive and adapt perfectly for all device resolutions like mobiles, tablets and desktops.
- CROSS -BROWSER SUPPORT – Works great with all modern browsers like Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera and Internet Explorer 8 and above.
imJQMosaic is a simple jQuery plugin that creates mosaic pattern using an image.
This plugin is based on the technique of CSS sprites and also uses some of the new features introduced in CSS3. The plugin requires latest browsers that support HTML5 and CSS3. In absence of adequate browser, the plugin gracefully degrades and still works! Ideal behavior of this plugin can be viewed in Safari 4 or Firefox 3.5. But it works with Chrome and IE 8 also.
Make that image gallery get all wiggly with this jQuery plugin.
This plugin adds support for scaling background images using a 9-grid. Developers can specify a grid for selected elements which causes the background-image to be scaled selectively, depending on what part of the grid the background lies. Parts of the background which lie in the corners of the grid will not be scaled and parts in the sides of the grid will only be scaled in one direction.
- No more slicing up images into multiple files
- No more tedious styling and structural markup for the same effect
- Achieve rounded corners
- Achieve drop shadows
- Complex fluid backgrounds
CamanJS is very easy to extend with new filters and plugins, and it comes with a wide array of image editing functionality, which is only growing as the community makes more plugins. It has a powerful layering system, much like the one present in Photoshop and GIMP, that makes the sky the limit for your creativity.
Adipoli is a jQuery plugin that beautifies and simplifies creating and consuming such stylish hover effects.
With a simple function, we can choose the “start effect (normal, transparent or overlay)” and the images will become less catch until they are hovered.
There are 20+ built-in and attractive transition effects that will display the images “as is” when users hover them.
Also, multiple configuration options exists for further customizing the transitions.